There are many phones which are receiving the updates to the latest version of the Android Operating System which is Android Marshmallow v6.0. Most of the companies are provide this update on their smartphones with Over The Air update facility. But unfortunately, Asus Zefone 2 will not get this update currently. The company is busy in providing an update to the other phones and developing other programs for them.
But there is away from which you will be able to experience the Android Marshmallow on your Asus Zefone 2 smartphone. For this, you have to install the custom ROM which is based on Android Marshmallow, on your smartphone.
Top Three Custom ROMs for Asus Zefone 2:
There are many custom ROMs available on the internet. You can choose any of them according to your wish but choose after checking all the details about the custom ROM which you are about to install. For making this easy for you, list of top three custom ROMs are mentioned bellow:
- Cyanogen Mod:Cyanogen Mod is one of the best custom ROM available for the smartphones. The developers of the Cyanogen series provide their custom ROMs for almost every possible smartphone in the market. But the CM 13 is developed by the developers of the xda-developers for the Asus Zefone 2 smartphones named as Nightly CM 13. This ROM is not much stable but it is capable of working for the daily uses of the phone.
- Beanstalk: It is one very popular custom ROM ever made for the Asus Zefone 2 smartphone. It has many extra features in it which are not found in the official Android Marshmallow. This also helps the user to get a better experience of your phone.
- Resurrection Remix: This ROM is based on the CM 13 hence it is also having the same issues and bugs as the CM 13 have. Still, it will enhance your experience for using the Android Marshmallow.
Things you should know before installing any custom ROM:
There are many reasons for installing the custom ROM on your smartphone. We all know that the official Android Operating System is designed such that they are the most stable Operating System for all devices. But they did not deliver the power and unleash the wild ability of your smartphones. This is the main reason why people usually install the custom ROMs in their smartphones. But here we will have a quick look at the points which everyone should know before installing the custom ROM on their Asus Zefone 2:
- Installing any type of custom ROM will void your warranty from the company and then the company will not be responsible for any type of software damage made to your device. Even if you install any custom ROM on the first day of your purchase, the company will not take your phone under their warranty terms and condition.
- Installing any custom ROM will format your phone complete and all the data which is stored on your phone will be destroyed in an instant. So make a system backup of your phone and of all the important files which you want for yourself. For this, you can upload all your important files and folders on the Google Drive or any other type of cloud storage place. You can also make a backup using your Laptop or Computer.
- For installing the custom ROM, you need a rooted Asus Zefone 2 smartphone. Along with this, you will need to install any CWM or TRP recovery in your phone to install the custom ROM on your phone.
In case if the custom ROM does not work properly on your phone, then you will lose all your data and again you have to restore your system in the official version of android, which can create many problems. For an alternative way to save yourself from getting into this problem, create a backup of your smartphone using the Nandroid app. This app will create a complete backup of your phone, which includes the running Android OS of your smartphone.
How to install the custom ROMs in Asus Zefone 2:
- Firstly connect your phone to the computer and copy all the files which you have downloaded with the custom ROM installer package to your Asus Zefone 2 smartphone.
- After copying these files, disconnect the phone and then switch off your phone.
- Start your phone into recovery mode and wipe all the data which is present in your phone. For this, select the all the wiping options like wipe factory, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik cache and also wipe the partition and the data of the phone. This will erase all the data present in the basic partition of your phone.
- After wiping your phone completely, select the option to install the firmware in the recovery mode menu. After selecting this option, select to install from the SD memory and select the file from the place where you have placed it. This will start the installation of the custom ROM which you have downloaded and copied your phone. This will take a minute to complete.
- After installing the base package of the custom ROM, install the Google App package on your phone. For this, again select the option to install the firmware and select the file from your memory location where you kept it.
- Select all the queries asked by the phone while installing the Google app package and wait till it finished.
- After the installation of all the packages is completed, you will be again redirected to the recovery There you select the option to restart the system. This will restart your phone and it will take few minutes to finalize the Operating System and the system apps of your new custom ROM.
All done! This is how you will be able to install the custom ROM in your Asus Zefone 2 smartphone, without any problem. By this method, you can install most of the custom ROMs in your smartphone and can enjoy your smartphone as they way you want it.