YU Yutopia smartphone runs Cyanogen OS that is based on Android Lollipop, and it is the flagship smartphone from the company that comes with power-packed specifications. While YU Televentures has mentioned that the phone will be updated with the latest OS version, i.e. Android Marshmallow in the coming months, there are many who will want to update their phone sooner.
Thankfully, there are some developers who keep developing ROMs to let users enjoy the latest OS versions, and one of them have worked to make an early CyanogenMod ROM based on Android Marshmallow for the Yu Yutopia. Here’s how to install the same.
Before proceeding with the update, you need to ensure few things are on track, and download a couple of files.
Ensure that your phone has enough battery, at least, 80% left before starting the installation process
The phone should be rooted and custom recovery should be installed on the phone
Take a complete backup of all the important files on your device
- Once you download the Yutopia’s CM13 ROM and the GApps for the Android Marshmallow OS, transfer them to the phone’s root folder.
- Disconnect the phone from your computer and turn it off.
- Reboot the phone into TWRP recovery mode, and for that you need to press and hold Power and Volume down button together for at least 10 seconds.
- Clear Cache and Clear Data from the recovery.
- Flash the CM13 ROM by choosing Install and then locating the file that you had downloaded and transferred.
- Clear Cache once you are done with it, and intall GApps as well. It should be the GApps 6.0 that you need to flash.
Once the installation is done, reboot your phone and you will be welcomed by the new CyanogenMod ROM based on Android 6.0.1 marshmallow, and you won’t see much difference as the Yutopia already has Cyanogen OS running in it.
Do you have any doubts about the Yu Yutopia and installation of Marshmallow ROM on the phone, do comment below. For the other Yu phones, check out the Yu Marshmallow update list to know if your Yu phone will receive the official update or not.